Yesterday at the end of rehearsal a question was posed.
Do the dancing girls have their props? No? Well, never mind.
I don't know about you, but ever since this little exchange I have been DYING to know what the dancing girl props are. What would six young, attractive, dancing women bring on stage to use as props? What could it possibly be? This is the final scene of the show and the dancing girls come out with...what?
Here are some ideas.
1. Lingerie. OK, I had to go there. I must admit this is not very likely. The question is of props, not costume.
2. Whips, chains. More feasible, however still not likely based on the family-oriented nature of the show. Although maybe we're going for the irony angle.
3. Light sabers and Jedi Knight paraphernalia. This was suggested by Angry Wife 1. Her is guess is as good as mine, although you could put your eye out with that thing. Use The Force, Luke.
4. The collection of armor and swords observed in the front room of AT Jones Theatrical Costumers. I like it. Period-correct, and somewhat kinky without being overstated.
5. Apples, like the one received by Cinderella from the Queen disguised as an old beggar woman. Wait. Wrong story.
6. Brooms. A1 is now promoted, so someone's gotta do the dirty work. Right? They could break into a game of Quiddich. Wait. Wrong story.
7. Magic wands with which they turn the rest of the cast into frogs. Now that would be a surprise ending!
8. Silly string.
9. Water balloons.
10. A large vibrating egg. (suggested in the movie Annie Hall).
Truth is, I've got nothing. I was planning to go to rehearsal anyway, but now there is no way I would miss the resolution of this mystery. And don't sit there and tell me you're not curious.
You know you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment