Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Scientific Inconsistencies, Kate Middleton and Examiner.com


From backstage yesterday I observed the mouse/horse/rat/coachman/pumpkin/carriage/rags/ballgown transformation scene.  And I determined that there's a lot going on there!  That's an amazing scene.
And yet, there is some unintentional comedy that I also observed.

Fairy Godmother1: Why don't you go find a nice pumpkin?
Cindy1: Oh, look.  Here's one.  Conveniently placed behind the edge of this curtain here.

Have you been to a pumpkin patch lately?  Selecting the ideal pumpkin is just about as difficult as picking a nice Christmas tree.  Is is too tall or too squat?  Is it dented?  What about that rotten spot, or the rodent-chewed spot?  I liked this scene a lot better when Cindy1 had to at least run off stage and scour the prop table to find the pumpkin, while FG1 entertained herself by checking her hair in the reflection of the star on her wand.  That's real life.  What we have now is like something out of a fantasy story.  Which, I guess, uh, this is.

About that pumpkin.  FG1 is about to supersize it when she starts asking Cindy1 questions about pumpkin physiology, and realizes that some preparation would be prudent.  We wouldn't want to supersize the seeds and the pumpkin goo, now would we?  But one minute later FG1 identifies a fat rat and his brother, and turns them into Henchmen.  Or something.  I can identify a fat rat from 30 feet away.  But his brother?  FG1 is able to sex (that is - identify the sex of, dirty minds) a rat and also determine sibling status from 30 feet away?  What a woman!  Without closer scrutiny and extensive behavioral studies, I would be concerned that coming through the smoke would be the Coachman and some chick from the local Rat pickup joint.  Yikes!

Just out of curiosity I did a web search on the following terms: Cinderella Kate Middleton.  I am pleased to report I am not the first person to have thought of this. Check this out: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/05/cinderella-vs-prince-william-and-kate-middleton-which-royals-wore-it-best.html

OK, It was I who previewed the show in the Examiner.  But still.
Check this out:  http://tinyurl.com/3t38jy7
My top two favorite moments from the show.
1.  The King's Waltz.  We have, over the weeks, grown in confidence in this number to the point where we can sing, dance, have eye contact with each other, and quite obviously enjoy ourselves.  No acting necessary.  And don't we all strive to be able to say that in all aspects of life?  That we are so much in the moment that we are genuine, and truthful, and real?  I love it.  No acting necessary.
2.  Disrobing at the end of the show.  And the sighs of relief from my fellow cast members indicate I am not alone in this favorite moment.

Favorite random quotes, heard in random places, randomly:
1.  Excuse me, would you please tie me up?
2.  Hold me tighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment